Integrated Systems Design is a provider of material handling solutions throughout North America. We provide automated storage and retrieval systems, conveyor systems, customer automation, robotics, and other solutions used in the warehouse, distribution, manufacturing and assembly markets.
Integrated Systems Design is a small company where our employees are multi-faceted. As our company evolves, our employees can develop into new roles and responsibilities.
Integrated Systems Design offers salary based on experience, company supported medical, dental vision, prescription, life insurance, tuition reimbursement, 401K and much more. We offer a wealth of opportunity for individuals with a desire to make a difference in providing industry leading solutions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee may encounter while performing the routine functions of this job. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and must follow applicable safety guidelines. The employee’s work environment will range from the relatively benign, quiet, clean environment of a typical office setting to the noise, temperature, humidity, dust and other environmental conditions typically encountered in loud, dirty and dangerous production facilities.
To apply for a position, please attach your resumé to an email and send it to Kathleen Simons (KSimons@andersenmh.com) for consideration. Pressing the ‘Apply’ button next to each listed position will also start the email for you.
Positions currently available:
Mechanical Project Engineer Distribution
The Mechanical Project Engineer Distribution position serves in multiple roles as a valuable member of the Engineering team. This position will work in many functions of project delivery including detailed design engineering, concept engineering, and project management, on site integration support, customer support, and sales consulting.
General Job Duties
- Rotate between roles depending on current project needs
- Have an excellent knowledge of the different types of conveyor systems utilized in distribution systems and how best to apply. Assist in developing concept systems and developing their respective quotes.
- Perform detailed design work laying out exact conveyor layouts, supporting best in class distribution systems. Ability to calculate cycle times and throughputs.
- Work with vendors to insure correct product selection, quality and on time delivery.
- As project manager you will follow project management principles to ensure the project is completed on time and on budget.
- Onsite integration, you will help troubleshoot system ensuring smooth flow of product and increasing rate to peak performance.
- Timely resolution of issues and customer satisfaction with Support
- Assist site installation supervisor to include material inventory, schedule tracking, and supervising subcontractors
- Develop in depth understanding of all facets of material handling and distribution to include equipment, suppliers, and applications
- Timely completion of all reports and logs to include time reports and travel expenses
- Provide Customer support for ongoing and warranty projects
- Maintain consistent positive and enthusiastic attitude
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering (or related degree);
- MBA or master’s degree in engineering a plus.
- 5+ years of similar experience within an Automated Material Handling environment.
- A Strong knowledge of Distribution conveyance systems.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Customer service skills.
- Excellent technical problem-solving capability (hardware, controls)
- Strong scheduling and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of conveyor suppliers’ products used in distribution. (e.g. TGW Conveyors or similar)
- Enjoys the Supply Chain Automation, Logistics Software business environment.
- Willing to travel 5-15% (travel will vary depending on specific Projects, travel will be significantly less during engineering role).
- Enjoy working in team environment
- Good knowledge of control systems.
- Strong system engineering fundamentals.
- Strong AutoCAD skills, SolidWorks and other material handling design packages an advantage.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office software.
Integrated Systems Design is a trusted provider of material handling solutions throughout North America. We provide automated storage and retrieval systems, conveyor systems, custom automation, robotics, and other solutions used in the warehouse, distribution, manufacturing, and assembly markets.
Currently we are seeking a Technician for our Integrated Systems Division, Wixom, Michigan office. Responsibilities include fabricating and assembly of standard and customer material handling products and systems, including receiving and shipping of component orders and finished assemblies. Will maintain and repair material handling products, shop tools and facilities.
- Read, interpret and follow assembly drawings, diagrams, and schematics to determine component parts and assembly sequence.
- Fabricates and assembles material handling components, including aligning, and fastening for proper fit and assembly of mechanical/electrical assemblies.
- Prepare all surfaces and components as necessary to ensure no damage occurs during assembly and testing.
- Test assembled parts to ensure functionality and correct fit.
- Ensure all work performed meets or exceeds quality specifications.
- Identify and report any faulty components or hazardous conditions during the assembly process.
- Assist Electricians in performing electrical assembly tasks.
- Repairs or replaces faulty mechanical and electrical equipment components following warranty or non-warranty procedures as applicable.
- Maintains records of all work and completes all required paperwork.
- Maintains tools/machinery and shop in clean, fully functional and safe condition
- Maintains and tracks parts and tool inventory supplied by the company.
- Receives and maintains inventory from suppliers; properly packs and ships goods as required.
- Prepares requisitions or other documents for purchasing new or additional inventory items and shop supplies.
- Required to travel to site to assemble/install/repair equipment occasionally
- Communicate with other staff members regarding equipment orders, inventory and concerns.
- Must have basic mechanical and fabrication experience.
- Must be able to read and fabricate from drawings.
- Fundamental skills in electrical theory and wiring.
- Ability to read electrical schematics a plus.
- Basic computer operation and software knowledge.
- Ability to utilize a variety of machine shop power tools.
- Must be willing to travel periodically, including overnight.
- Ability to provide maximum customer satisfaction through quality workmanship in a timely manner.
- Attend work per work schedule
AAISD, LLC d/b/a Integrated Systems Design has available positions of Software Controls Engineer in Wixom, MI. Although the Software Controls Engineer will work in Wixom, MI, the Software Controls Engineer will be required to travel 25% of working time to customer locations throughout the United States, Canada, & Mexico. Position requires a Bachelor’s degree in Mechatronics Engineering or Electrical Engineering & 24 months experience as a Controls Engineer. Position also requires: Exp. must include: 1) 24 mos. exp. programming & commissioning automotive systems using PLCs (Programmable Logic Controllers) & HMI (Human Machine Interface) software; 2) 24 mos. exp. using AutoCAD Electrical (CAD) software; & 3) 24 mos. exp. using Rockwell Studio 5000 design software for developing PLC programs. Exp. reqs. may be met concurrently during the same time period. Job duties: Perform controls design engineering in conjunction with developing controls schematics using AutoCAD Electrical (CAD) software. Program & commission automotive systems using PLCs. Develop PLC programs from scratch. Use Rockwell Studio 5000 design software to develop PLC programs & HMI software. Program, test, & implement control systems used for production automation or distribution conveyance systems. Implement & integrate intelligent drives packages, sensors, encoders, & devices into the PLC software. Commission complete systems both mechanically & electrically. Diagnose software or hardware controls issues & resolve as needed. We maintain a drug-free workplace & perform pre-employment drug & alcohol testing as a condition of employment. Qualified applicants should e-mail resume & verification of reqs. to Kathleen Simons, Human Resource Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org