Packing and packaging are important to every manufacturing and distribution operation. They help ensure that goods are protected during shipping and handling. Proper packing and packaging also helps minimize shipping and dunnage costs while reducing labor and other operational costs.
During the packing process, a tracking number is often assigned. UCC compliant shipping labels may also be produced and applied at or after the packing station. Other documents such as bills of lading, invoices, custom instructions, etc. may be created and added to the shipping container during or after packing.
Packing and packaging usually consists of:
- Verifying the correct products are being shipped
- Placing the products in an appropriate shipping container
- Adding protective dunnage
- Printing and inserting the packing list or invoice
- Sealing the container
- Printing and applying the shipping label
Integrated Systems Design has software and equipment to help improve your efficiency during these processes. We can provide:
- Automatic fillers for liquids and other items
- Automatic document printers & inserters
- Automatic container closers / sealers
- Automatic label printer / applicators
- Manifesting & shipping software
If you think your operation could benefit from a more efficient packing / packaging process, give us a call. We'll gladly analyze your current operation and give you recommendations and cost estimates to improve this critical step or your business.